HICAPS - Worksafe (Vic only)


Dental4Windows users in Victoria have the opportunity to submit HICAPS Claims for the Worksafe Health Fund.

The Worksafe health fund differs from other HICAPS Health Funds.

Transactions are not assessed immediately and no benefit is returned at the time of processing the claim.
Claims are assessed as a batch at a later time, and payments are sent to the Provider accordingly.

Worksafe does not issue a card to its members. Each patient is issued with a Claim Number that is used in place of a card number when sending claims. The Claim number is 19 digits and is comprised of:

  • The Worksafe Card no. Prefix

  • An individual patient number

Create Insurance Fund and Plan

Create an Insurance Fund and Plan for Worksafe with the following details:

  1. Name: Victoria WorkSafe

  2. Abbreviation: VWA

  3. E-System: Select HICAPS 

  4. Card No Prefix: 90360115

  5. Limit of items per claim: 24

  6. Tick Worksafe

  7. Plan Code: VWA

  8. Plan Name: VWA

  9. E-System: Select HICAPS

Add WorkSafe to a Patient's Record

Before sending the Claim via HICAPS terminal, the relevant information needs to be entered into the Patient's record.

  1. Member ID: Enter Patient's Claim number 

  2. Series: Enter Patient's series number


Send WorkSafe Claim via HICAPS terminal

All actions (Charting, Treatment Plan, Treatment) are the same as per the usual treatment procedures.

Visit https://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au for information on approved items/services.

  1. Go to Patient Records > Treatment tab

  2. Itemised Invoices menu > Select New Invoice Only (or press F2)

  3. Click Hicaps

  4. Click OK

  5. The Claim will now be submitted via the HICAPS terminal

NOTE: This claim has not been paid, it is submitted. The method of payment from WorkSafe Victoria to you will not change.

Receive Payment from WorkSafe

It is recommended to add a Payment method called WorkSafe Payments. 

  1. Go to Patient Records > Receipts tab

  2. Receipts menu > Select New Receipt

  3. Enter Amount > Enter Payment Type

  4. Click Ok

Reverse WorkSafe Claim

WorkSafe claims can only be reversed on the same day it was submitted.

  1. Go to Patient Records > Claims tab

  2. Select the Claim to be reversed

  3. Claims menu > Select Reverse Claim

Pay an Outstanding Balance / Create Receipt after Invoice Creation

HICAPS: Delete (reverse) a Claim

0 out of 0 found this helpful



Article is closed for comments.